CRAZY AARON'S MAPP (MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICING POLICY) & MSRP (MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL POLICY)
Crazy Aaron's Puttyworld ("Crazy Aaron's") designs and manufactures Thinking Putty right here in the USA. Our people are as wonderfully unique as our product. With our focus on quality, service, and teamwork, we are all part of creating the culture of fun and innovation that makes for a happy, healthy organization, AND customers - that teamwork includes our resale Partners. Much of the success of our organization comes directly from our representatives, distributors, accounts, and stores investing their significant time and resources to help deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
As a result, Crazy Aaron's has unilaterally adopted this Minimum Advertised Price ("MAP") Policy, effective September 15, 2016 to continue this mutually beneficial partnership. Online retailers are expected to agree and adhere to the following conditions of the MAP Policy in order to avoid potential consequences of non-compliance:
1. Retailers, both brick and mortar retailers and e-commerce only retailers (collectively "retailers"), must be authorized first by Crazy Aaron's to sell its products on the internet. Authorization to sell online must be approved in writing by a duly authorized representative of Crazy Aaron's. All requests for approval to sell online shall be sent to email@example.com through completion of our Online Resellers Application. Crazy Aaron's reserves the right to unilaterally determine which retailers shall be permitted to sell Crazy Aaron's products online. Crazy Aaron's shall respond to all requests within a reasonable time period; however in no event shall Crazy Aaron's be required to respond within a certain period of days to any request by a retailer to sell products on line. Crazy Aaron's reserves the right to withdraw approval to sell on line to any retailer with or without cause by providing that retailer with thirty (30) days written notice of such withdrawal. Such notice shall be signed by a duly authorized representative of Crazy Aaron's and sent via USPS certified mailed, return receipt requested, directing the retailer to remove Crazy Aaron's products on line within a specified period of time.
2. Product advertised on the internet less than 1 cent below the manufacturer's suggested retail price ("MSRP") will be a violation of this MAP policy ("MAP Price"). All on line Retailers are responsible for staying current with the MAP, understanding what products are affected by the MAP, and for reviewing the MSRP pricing page on Crazy Aaron's website located at http://www.puttyworld.com/pages/msrp-pricing in order to determine current MSRP. This restriction includes any and all Internet auctions, auction websites, and flash sale websites.
3. Listing a price lower than permitted under this MAP policy next to a product that is protected by this MAP policy in any advertising will be viewed as a violation of this MAP policy. This MAP policy applies to all advertisement of MAP products in any and all media, including without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, internet or similar electronic media including websites, forums, email newsletters, email solicitations, television, radio, and public signage. Website features such as pre-formatted email responses, forms, automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer's shopping cart, and other similar features are considered to be communications initiated by the retailer (rather than by the customer) and this constitutes "advertising" under this MAP policy (notwithstanding the above, this provision shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law defining the term "advertising"). This MAP policy also applies to any activity which Crazy Aaron's determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MAP policy. The advertising restriction in this MAP policy specifically does not include brick and mortar in-store displays nor the product's price tag, but does include out-of-store promotional materials including materials distributed both inside and outside of the store, such as a store circular or flyer.
4. Where Crazy Aaron's products are bundled with or sold as part of a package that includes other products (whether or not manufactured by Crazy Aaron's), it shall be a violation of this MAP policy to advertise the bundle (or package) at a price that (a) is lower than the total Minimum Advertised Price of the Crazy Aaron's product(s) or (b) violates the letter or spirit of the MAP policy. It shall be a violation of this MAP policy if products are bundled with or sold as part of a package that includes products not pre-approved by Crazy Aaron's.
5. Crazy Aaron's will, at its discretion, monitor advertised prices of approved and unapproved retailers selling MAP products online for compliance with this MAP Policy.
6. Crazy Aaron's reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend a customer's account if Crazy Aaron's reasonably believes the retailer has violated the provisions of this policy. Furthermore, failure to comply with this policy will result in all outstanding payment invoices becoming due immediately. Crazy Aaron's reserves the right to seek any and all additional remedies under the law for a violation of this policy, including without limitation equitable relief.
7. Crazy Aaron's recognizes that many websites ship internationally, however we reserve the right to prohibit retailers from shipping our products outside the USA. If a retailer ships Crazy Aaron's products outside the USA, they will be in direct violation of this MAP policy.
8. No employee or sales representative of Crazy Aaron's has any authority to modify this Policy. Any questions about this Policy should be in writing and directed to Crazy Aaron MAP Administrator, Amanda Cunningham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. This MAP policy does not, in any way, limit the ability of any retailer to advertise that "they have the lowest prices" or that they "will meet or beat any competitor's price", that consumers should "call for a price" or phrases of similar meaning as long as the price advertised or listed for the products is not less than MAP Price.
10. From time to time, Crazy Aaron's will run flash sales for short periods and for a limited amount of inventory. During such flash sales, MAP pricing shall not be less than the current Minimum Advertised Price as published below.
11. The MAP policy will be enforced by Crazy Aaron's in its sole discretion. This Policy may be updated, revised, or modified at any time without prior advance notice to any retailer.
MSRP is as follows:
All 4" Metallic, Electric, and Primary Colors: $10 each
All 4" Heat Sensitive and Glow in the Dark Colors: $11 each
All 4" Super Illusion Colors: $14 each
Liquid Glass: $14 each
All 4" Phantoms: $15 each
All 4" Super Magnetic: $15 each
All 2" Tins: $3 each
Mixed by Me Kits: $20 each
All Precious Gems and Metals: $10 each
Extra Blacklight Keychain: $5 each
Extra Magnet: $5 each
All Holiday and Limited-Edition Thinking Putty: please email email@example.com for pricing.