Make sure your putty is genuine Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty®.
Please be assured that the trending article from the BBC targets a specific knockoff "magnetic putty" and is in no way indicative or representative of the safety of genuine Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty. Crazy Aaron’s is an innovator and world leader in the next generation of creative play. As part of our commitment to our customers, we have closely followed reports about a competitor, copycat putty being pulled from the market due to likely contamination.
Genuine Thinking Putty is made and manufactured from scratch in our own factory just outside of Philadelphia, PA in the United States. All of our putty, including Magnetic Thinking Putty, is compliant with applicable worldwide toy safety laws; is routinely tested by an independent, third-party laboratory; and is regularly reviewed by a certified, licensed toxicologist. In fact, Crazy Aaron himself serves on ASTM F963, the safety committee that designs federal regulations for toys in the United States.
Crazy Aaron’s is a vertically-integrated manufacturer. We do all the manufacturing ourselves in the USA, not overseas, so we know everything that goes into our putty. And we know everything that comes out, which is why Thinking Putty is the safest and highest quality putty on the market today.
In 20 years of manufacturing, we have put every effort into creating systems that ensure compliance with all applicable product safety laws and regulations where we sell worldwide. This voluntary commitment not only benefits our customers by providing them with a top-quality product, it also protects them from any potential contamination or inferior component parts being used.
It is our hope that everyone who buys toys for children will become more informed about toy regulations and the lengths to which reputable companies go to ensure safe play. To that end, please see the many regulations to which we test for the ongoing compliance of our products below.
- 16 CFR 1500 / ASTM F963-17 Physical and Mechanical Tests
- ASTM F963-17 Section 188.8.131.52 – Soluble Heavy Metals analysis
- 16 CFR 1500.44 / Flammability Requirements of ASTM F963-17 Annex A4
- CPSIA Requirements for Total Lead and Phthalates
- CPSIA 101 Lead in Substrates of Children’s Products
- CPSIA 101 / 16 CFR 1303 Lead in Surface Coating & Paint
- CPSIA 103 Tracking Label Review
- CPSIA 108 Phthalates Requirements in Children’s Toys
- California Proposition 65
- EN 71-1: Physical / Mechanical
- EN-71-2: 2006 + A1:2007: Flammability
- EN-71-3: 2013: Migration of Certain Elements
- EU REACH Regulation 1907/2006 Annex XVII for Total Cadmium and Phthalates
- Canadian Toys Regulations SOR/2011-17 Section 23
- Canadian Toys Amending Regulations SOR/2016-195 Section 3
All varieties of Genuine Crazy Aaron’s products remain available for sale and safe for play by children and adults of all ages. We urge our customers to always look for Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty as a way to have wholesome, creative fun with the assurance that we stand for the highest in safety and quality.